Sorry for the inactivity, I'm not in a mood for bigger projects right now so I mostly draw doodles and silly stuff, everything can be seen on my tumblr: [link]
I won't post on DA unless it's something big and worth showing.... which I plan to make! One day
But yes, ferrets!! I've been looking into them little furballs and they seem like such a fun pets. I was thinking about possibly getting one next spring/summer, which gives me at least one full year to educate myself and decide if they're really the right pets for me. Sadly I don't know anyone who has one and the local community seems pretty inactive, so I can't visit a household with ferrets and see them by myself D:
That's why I'm here, I'd love to hear from anyone with experience, share your advice, stories, anything!
I already did some basic research and:
- I would prefer just one ferret for now, I'm 90% decided for female. Do you think a male would be better for a newbie?
- naturally I can't see into the future but money & expenses shouldn't be a problem, I always have enough cash put aside in case of pet emergency
- vet specialists are bit out of hand for me, but not unreachable
- I already have a big ferret cage (I use it for rats now)
- ferret-proofing the apartment will be hard... but hopefully not impossible. Kitchen should be safe, I'm worried about my bed and couch if a ferret gets stuck there. How high can they jump? Will things on higher shelves be safe?
- I have no air conditioning or anything, I might have to invest into that because summer can get really hot
- I can tolerate animal smells pretty well (but then again I never smelled a ferret...)
- I'm leaning into feeding BARF, is it difficult?
That's all I could think of right now... thanks in advance for the help!